To thrive at Whittard you'll be:
- Passionate. We don't necessarily expect you to have a passion for tea, coffee and cocoa before you've started at Whittard; but we do like to see you demonstrating passion for the things that are important to you.
- Flexible and Adaptable. We're a relatively small business, so we encourage everyone to get "stuck in". If you're willing there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in projects and work outside your normal role.
- Friendly. We work collaboratively and love sharing our ideas and passions.
- Fun. We want people who love their jobs and who want to work hard, but still have room for fun along the way.
- Resilient. Like any growing business we work at a pretty fast pace, and our work can be pretty demanding. Most challenges we get right - but when we don't we focus on learning from our mistakes, and giving it another go.
- Innovative. We love to hear ideas from anyone in our business, and there are many opportunities to make suggestions to the relevant people. We're proud of the many ideas we've implemented from across the business - and if it's your idea, we'll make an effort to involve you in putting it into action.
It's important you've done your research before interview to ensure we're right for you and you're right for us. Visit our stores; taste our in-store samples; look at the range and get a feel for our brand; explore our website and social media pages. Review the job description, and consider how it lines up with you as a candidate - how do you align with the position and the brand, and how can you weave your past achievements and experiences into your new role at Whittard?
If you're interviewing for a position in store we'll include some practical exercises so we can see how you'll demonstrate your passion and enthusiasm when interacting with customers.
Typically, your interview will last an hour, and we'll spend most of that time discussing examples from your experience. Depending on the role we might call you back for a second interview, giving you the opportunity to meet other members of the team. And of course we'll be happy to answer any questions you have for us - it's a two-way process after all!