We’re happy to announce an exciting hybrid opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser to join Whittard of Chelsea. With 3 days a week in the beautiful Didcot offices, this role would see you joining a brand that is world renowned for their specialist teas, coffees, and hot chocolates.
Whittard sell fan favourite products across the UK and internationally, continuously growing their passionate customer base. This permanent position will see you supporting the merchandising of Whittard’s famous Teas, Coffees and Hot Chocolate, the companies three leading categories. You will maximise sales and margin through effective planning, forecasting, distribution, and trading.
- Managing stock allocation & replenishment to make best use of available stock across all sales channels
- Maintaining the delivery schedule, ensuring all delivery dates are adhered to
- Assist the merchandising team in analysing data and producing reports looking into the best and worst sellers, and manage price changes as necessary
- Directly supporting the Merchandiser with PO management & the order book, being the first point of contact for suppliers and reporting on supplier performance
- Maintaining and updating stock orders and product data on the inhouse stock management system, ensuring it’s kept accurate and up to date
- At least a year’s Merchandise Assistant or Allocator experience
- Good communication, numeracy, and Microsoft Excel skills
- An understanding of the critical path with a good sense of timekeeping
- A team player attitude with a genuine interest in Merchandising
In this role, the Assistant Merchandiser will play a pivotal role in managing goods. Using their effective communication skills across all departments, you will allocate & manage the stock to stores, online and internationally. You will become part of a community with this hard-working but fun brand, and will benefit from generous holiday allowance, employee discount, bonus schemes, as well as an array of many other incentive-based benefits.
Since 1886 the brand has expanded internationally and within the UK, investing in cutting edge technology and refreshing their branding to appeal to a much larger customer audience who are thirsty for more. None of this success would have been possible without the people who make the brand what it is today and that’s where this role comes in. You will become part of a community with this hard-working but fun brand, and will benefit from generous holiday allowance, employee discount, bonus schemes, as well as an array of many other incentive-based benefits.
If you would love to be a part of the Whittard team and have previous store merchandising experience, we would love to hear from you.
We are partnering with Niche Recruitment who will be managing the recruitment for this role. Please click apply now to submit your application via their website.